CPSC 689-601: Term Project
- The term project paper/topic selection deadline is 3/6 Thursday.
- Project partner (if you're doing a team project).
- Main paper to present/extend.
- Preferred paper presentation date (see the Weekly Schedule, week 9--11).
- There are two options regarding the term project:
- Individual project (term paper)
- Pick an open-ended subject (pick one paper).
- Do a critical literature review (Cite Seer is a good place to start).
- Find an idea not yet explored or problem(s) in
existing approaches not yet mentioned.
- Think about what is the essence/core of the idea/problem
you just identified, and propose a concrete
problem specification, and sketch a potential direction/solution.
- Team project (term project and term paper)
- Pick a concrete, pre-specified subject (pick a paper).
- Borrow existing code if possible.
- Find an easy to do but also meaningful extension
of the existing problem.
- Conduct experiments and gather and analyse the
- Write a brief report.
- Picking a paper
- Start looking from the Class Reading List and/or
my Lab's Reading List.
- Also check out the online resources section in the general reading list.
- Choose a paper which is not too long but with significant,
meaningful content, with some computational flavor.
- Think about which category the paper falls in, from the
list in slide11, page 21. Also see the page for topic selection.
Last Updated :